Bournemouth and Dorset South Beekeepers Association
Honey fruit cake
- 4oz (110g) butter or margarine
- 60z (170g) honey
- 2 medium size eggs
- 8oz (225g) self raising flour
- 6oz (170g) sultanas
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150c, 300f, gas mark 3.
- Prepare a tin approx 18cm (7″) round.
- Cream honey & butter together.
- Beat the eggs well and add them alternately with the sifted flour and salt (saving a little flour to add with the sultanas).
- Beat well and lightly. A little milk may be added if necessary.
- Fold in the sultanas and stir well.
- transfer to the tin and bake for approximately 75 minutes.
- 1 lb (454g) granulated white sugar
- 5fl oz (1 soml) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2oz (57g) butter
- Boil sugar, salt and evaporated milk together 5 mins.
- Add honey and boil to softball stage.
- Add butter and stand until lukewarm.
- Beat until creamy.
- Pour into greased dish.
- When nearly set, mark into squares.