The Bournemouth & Dorset South Beekeepers’ Association has existed since 2008 and it’s members form a group of friendly people who have an interest in bees. BADS-BKA is affiliated to the British Beekeepers’ Assocoation.
The aim of the Association is to promote beekeeping, encourage new beekeepers and raise the awareness of the importance of bees in the natural world.
The Association provides:
- A body of expertise in beekeeping
- A forum for discussion
- Weekly summer meetings in the Association Apiary
- Winter meetings for talks and lectures
- An Apiary for demonstrations and education which may also be used by new members to keep their first bees
- An annual Honey show
- An extensive library
- Arrangemeents for insurance
- BBKA beekeeping classes
- Talks to other groups (Scouts, Schools and other assocaitions and societies)
- A supply of honey for sale